Get Your Seasonal Flu and Covid Vaccine in Chippenham Book Now
Protecting yourself against this year’s strain of flu and Covid is a good idea. We provide the winter vaccines in Chippenham and our team at Chippenham Pharmacy and Health Clinic is here to help you.
Maybe you are worried about catching flu or covid, or you are concerned about having time off work. Or maybe you just want to make sure you do not pass it on to the more vulnerable members of your family. Whatever the reason, being vaccinated against this year’s strain of flu and covid can give you protection and peace of mind. We give NHS flu jabs to people aged 18 years and older who are eligible to receive the jab for free and flu is also available as a private service.
The free NHS flu and covid vaccines are available for those who:
- are 65 and over
- have certain health conditions (more information can be found here)
- are pregnant
- are in long-stay residential care
- receive a carer’s allowance, or are the main carer for an older or disabled person who may be at risk if you get sick
- live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- frontline health or social care workers
If however, you do not qualify for a free NHS flu jab we can still provide you with a private flu vaccination, however the covid vaccination is only available on the NHS.
Who shouldn’t have the jab?
Most people can have the vaccines. However, there are a couple of exceptions:
- If you are currently unwell with a fever, you should delay getting the flu jab.
- If you have an egg allergy, speak to your GP or pharmacist before getting the jab.
If you would like to speak to our pharmacy team about eligibility please contact us today. Alternatively, book your vaccination in Chippenham today by using the links below.
Book an NHS Flu and Covid Vaccine.
Covid: This vaccine will be available to book via the NHS National Booking System (NBS). Please select our pharmacy from the list.
Flu Vaccines: These can be booked from via the NHS Flu Vaccination website. Please select our pharmacy from the list.
Please note, if you book for only one vaccine, we will be able to offer you the other at the same time, alternatively, we can book you in for a later date.
If you do not meet one of the NHS categories (for flu), you will need to book a private vaccination with the pharmacy team.
- Private Flu Vaccine – £19.95 – this service is now closed due to vaccine availability.