Your local Travel Clinic in Chippenham Book Now
Wherever you are travelling, our Travel Clinic in Chippenham will ensure that you travel safe and are protected throughout your journey.
Why is it important to be vaccinated before travelling?
Travelling to a more exotic country exposes you to pathogens that might harm your body because of a lack of protection. This is what’s termed “immunity”, hence the term “immunisations”. Pathogens may cause diseases and infections like Hepatitis A or Typhoid which leads to illnesses. These illnesses can sometimes be so severe and even fatal. By receiving a vaccination prior to your travelling, you will protect your body against them. This is vital because some illnesses are life-threatening.
How do these travel vaccines work?
Travel vaccines work in the same way, and a variety of them offer immunity against different types of diseases. We will inject you with a solution that copies the way the disease’s pathogen work. This triggers the stimulation of the immune system to generate antibodies that can combat the particular infection. Consequently, if you expose yourself to the virus or bacteria, your body’s fighting mechanism will fight it off before it harms you.
We recommend that you receive your vaccination at least 21 days before travelling to another country or other destination. It can be more days for other vaccines like the Rabies vaccine. This gives your body some time to generate all the antibodies required for optimum protection.
Chippenham Pharmacy Travel Clinic is protecting people in Chippenham and the surrounding region.
We have vaccination experts who can administer all types of travel vaccinations and also prescribe antimalarial medication. Our Travel Clinic services in Chippenham also involve giving you thorough health information and advice before you travel to fully understand the involved risks. It includes malaria prevention as well.
Book Now and fly-safe this season!
Chippenham Pharmacy & Health Clinic Price List
Please note: prices are per dose and not per course. Prices as of January 2023 but subject to change due to the fluctuations of wholesale vaccine prices*
|Vaccine (cost is per dose not course)
|Price per dose
|Diptheria, Tetanus and Polio (DTP)
(The primary course of diphtheria, tetanus and polio is
(For primary course excludes booster)
|Hepatitis A & B
|Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
(Course may require TWO or more doses)
|Tick Borne Encephalitis
(Two doses to be given before travel with an
How the service works
- Book your consultation
- £25 per person (adults and children) to allow us to assess your individual requirements for your country of destination.
- Complete the pre-travel questionnaire. The link to this will be in your booking confirmation email
- This MUST be completed at least 24 hours prior to the initial appointment. Failure to complete this may lead to your appointment being cancelled, however you will still be charged.
- Attend the booking where our pharmacist will review your personal travel needs and where appropriate we will look to provide the vaccinations during this appointment
- On some occasions, our pharmacist may require you to book another appointment to receive your vaccinations
- We can then book in any follow up appointments for vaccination schedules that require more than one administration
- Lastly, don’t forget to talk to our team about any other travel essentials you might need for your holiday
- Enjoy your holiday
Book Your Appointment